Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Italy - Day 16: In need of motivation...

At night, I think I was visited by a porcupine, which was snoffing around my tent. Not sure though, because it disappeared once I moved to look at it. But maybe I am just imagining it, because I saw the porcupine quills and it was just another animal.

The morning was unspectacular with some roads, but ended in another bushwhak, so I descended into some olive groves. My motivation was just gone...

First I thought about cutting the Sentiero Italia, because it goes up into the mountains, just to drop down into some villages and ascend again. But then I decided to take the SI and just stay up there, making my own route via some dirt roads. 

Like nearly every day, I had another really sweaty ascend of about 1000 m through the forest. Seems like a waste I washed myself at the spring before the ascend, because I was soaked when I finally made it up! And of course I carried nearly 4 L of water up that hill, since my next water source will be some time tomorrow.

The views from Monte Sant Angiolillo were a bit hazy but still nice. But gray clouds are looming around.

I don't know why, but at the moment I am just tired and unmotivated, although the Abruzzo are next, which are supposed to be really beautiful! I'm just abot worried about otential sheep dogs... 

Today, I decided to camp really early in some beech forest and hope for more motivation tomorrow ;) Sadly the weather seems to change, so the sunny and rainless days might be over.


The mountains on the right, is where I had a first little up into some bushwhak


At least some nice views 
in return for the bushwhak ;)


Up on Monte Sant Angiolillo (1290 m)


I love to camp in the beech forest :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Georgia - Part 8: Lagodekhi Nature Reserve - the end of hiking in Georgia

Georgia 05.-11.09.2022 From our last hike, which ended in Artana, we hitchhiked to Lagodekhi. It went incredibly smooth and took us 5 rides,...