Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Italy - Day 8: Pleasant walking on a sunny day

Today was a pleasant day, with pastures, different forests, lots of roads and a few up and downs.

I didn't follow the Sentiero Italia all times, because I wanted to avoid a road walk of 3 km on a big road. Sadly, that meant I missed the only potentially good view of today - although, the air wasn't that clear anyways... and the alternative partly went through a nice beech forest!

I passed the village of Piaggine early this morning,  but I couldn't treat myself, since no shop was open. Because I was not sure about the water situation, I filled up on water, which turned out to be unnecessary. But on a warm day like that, I rather carry too much water than not enough. Gives me also way more flexibility with camping.

The animal highlight of the day was a mole, walking over the paved road and disappearing in the grass! But I also saw wild pigs again, a tiny snake and lots of colorful lizzards. And it seems necessary now every day, to check for ticks, which are not always easy to find on my dirty legs ;)


Piaggine









No comments:

Post a Comment

Georgia - Part 8: Lagodekhi Nature Reserve - the end of hiking in Georgia

Georgia 05.-11.09.2022 From our last hike, which ended in Artana, we hitchhiked to Lagodekhi. It went incredibly smooth and took us 5 rides,...