Thursday, May 26, 2022

Italy - Day 17: Beautiful views from Monte Miletto

The morning was pleasantly warm but the sky overcast and it looked a little bit like rain. I walked some roads towards Lago del Matese, which was beautiful with the morroring mountains in the background.

Right to the time I was ascending the usual 1000 m elevation, the sun came out and I was soaked in swet within minutes. So I decided to have my lunch break in the last shade.

But the views back on the lake and on my goal of the day, the 2050 m high Monte Miletto were amazing. Really a highlight and I'm glad I decided to divert from the Sentiero Italia here and that the weather decided to be nice for another day!

I met even 5 day hikers, which made it up to the top, but luckily they just walked down and I was alone up there enjoying the views.

When I came across a nice meadow with a big beech tree while descending, I decided to have another lazy day with a REALLY early camp, since I still have enough food. And since from what I saw from above, the next bit is not great for camping plus I would feel stupid having carried 4 L of water up that hill, when I pass a water source before camping ;)


Lago del Matese


Monte Miletto






Still a little bit of snow to cross


Early camp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Georgia - Part 8: Lagodekhi Nature Reserve - the end of hiking in Georgia

Georgia 05.-11.09.2022 From our last hike, which ended in Artana, we hitchhiked to Lagodekhi. It went incredibly smooth and took us 5 rides,...